|January 2020||Davos 2020|
“Today’s business as usual is turning into a crime against humanity. We demand that leaders play their part in putting an end to this madness.”
|2019-08-09||LAUSANNE CLIMATE DECLARATION|
The Lausanne declaration is a joint statement of 400 climate activists from 38 countries who met in Lausanne in August 2019.
In summary, these three demands were declared:
1. Keep the global temperature rise below 1.5 °C compared to pre-industrial levels.
2. Ensure climate justice and equity.
3. Listen to the best united science currently available.
1. Create a safe pathway under 1.5C
2. Climate justice and equity for everyone
3. Follow the Paris Agreement
|March 13th 2019||
Fridays For Future Europe Declaration of Strasbourg 13th March 2019
Create a safe pathway under 2C.
|September 2018||Interview with Greta Thunberg|
"Leaders shall treat the Climate Crisis as a Crisis!"
Paris 2015, COP21:
stay well below 2 ◦C (goal 1.5 ◦C)
½ emissions by 2030,
if and only if
Included but Not existing:
1. Equity: absolutely needed,
2. BECCS, Bio Energy Carbon Capture Storage at Scale,
3. Likely (66%) chance of meeting
4. A Non Binding agreement.
5. Our Western Consumption: Imports, Aviation, Shipping, making producing countries look far worse!
6.Tipping points: Irreversible, Accelerating, Self Oscillating #ClimateBreakdown feedback loops,
7. Dimming (+0.3-0.6 ◦C)